Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Transitions

Anyone who knows me knows I move around a lot. I'm always in a state of transition. Whether I'm moving across town (like this past weekend), across the country, changing jobs, going back to school, starting a business, or changing my hair color, there is always change. The majorirty of the time, the change is my doing. Even one of my tattoos is a symbol meaning "I'm changing/tansforming my life".

Yes, change is the only constant, but is there something to be said for "stability"? I don't regret any of the decisions and life changes I've made. The twenties should be about exploration and I explored. But now that I'm no longer in my 20's I want to settle down and create a home-base. Not because I "should", but because I'm tired. I don't think I've felt "settled" since I left for college at 18.

This is a radical mindshift for me. What's it like to stay put through life's challenges and not pack up & leave? What's it like to be bored and/or scared and not leave? What's it like to not allow the fear of going down the wrong road to keep you from picking one? (That's deep!)


Now for today's gratitude list:
1. My upcoming trip to Jamaica
2. My niece and nephews who helped me & my brother move.
3. The fan that's doing a wonderful job keeping me cool (no AC).

No comments:

Post a Comment